OBRIO is an IT company with Ukrainian roots inside Genesis business ecosystem. We specialize in developing mobile applications and web products. Our team consists of more than 120 talented professionals whose ambitions and striving for success help us build the best products on the market. Currently, the OBRIO team works remotely from various locations in Ukraine and 12 other countries.
Our flagship product Nebula has over 20 million downloads worldwide. It has been ranked as the № 1 lifestyle app of the day in the Apple Store and Play Market in the USA, Canada, and Australia several times. Nebula is a global multifunctional platform for astrology lovers created to inspire people in finding their way to happiness.
Don't take it as an idle talk. Here are some proofs we would like to share:
- Our core product Nebula is #1 in its niche in terms of downloads and revenue targets;
- Nebula has more than 20 million downloads;
- 300+ thousands DAU;
- Users from 50+ countries;
- 4.8 - our average AppStore rating (with more than 215 thousand ratings)
In terms of OBRIO scaling and team processes, we have a need for Data Engineer to strengthen our mobile team and bring his/her talent and technical skills to ensure smooth data operations through building and maintaining a new structure. By joining us, you will be the first Data Engineer, who'll be able to independently form a complete architecture and have the opportunity to influence the process of ETL building. In this position, you will mostly interact with our analysts and back-end team. That is why we would like to share the backstage of team life and introduce you to our analyst Zhenya👋 She joined our team almost 2 years ago and is always open to expertise sharing. That's something we all trust in 🙌
- Making up of data work flow;
- Review of existing ETL processes, their optimization and constant upgrade;
- Automation of health checks and alerting development;
- Collection and updating of documentation;
- Building a process of communication with analysts and data/dataset transfer with the appropriate review to optimize work with the database;
- Development of the database architecture and its support;
- Building dashboards to monitor data quality and data structure;
- Collection of data from various sources via API (marketing sources/ data from amplitude/ etc.);
- Preparation of datasets for ML models.
Our technical stack:
- Our services: Firebase, Amplitude, AppsFlyer, Google Analytics.
The green flags:
- Experience of working with data from 1 year;
- Solid knowledge of Python in the context of creating ETL data pipelines (Pandas, pyodbc);
- Good Skills of autonomous work with third-party APIs;
- Excellent SQL skills (PostgreSQL, MySQL, Vertica);
- Understanding of database architecture construction;
- Experience with cloud services;
- Experience with a big data storage and/or processing environment (eg. Apache Spark, Snowflake, BigQuery, and similar);
- Understanding of process of working with orchestration tools (Kubernetes, Apache Airflow).
Why OBRIO is the best place to work?
- Unleash Your Ambitions: Our company was built by ambitious people who never settle for less. By joining OBRIO, you'll have the chance to unleash your own ambitions and achieve your career dreams.
- We don’t just give you opportunities for growth and development, we give you maximum autonomy and believe we can’t do without you and your active thinking.
- Innovate and Be Creative: We embrace innovation and creativity at OBRIO, and we encourage our team members to bring their unique ideas to the table. You'll have the chance to explore new solutions and make a real impact on our company's success.
- Here you’ll be part of the product creation process, from discussing ideas to implementing and testing cool product solutions in real life.
- Use Data to Make Decisions: We believe in the power of data at OBRIO. By joining our team, you'll have the chance to dive into data and use it to make informed decisions that drive results.
- Collaborate in a Team Environment: We believe that success is a team effort. When you join OBRIO, you'll have the chance to collaborate with talented individuals who share your passion for achieving outstanding results.
- At OBRIO, we’ve gathered influential experts, all of whom are open to sharing their knowledge and ready to help solve issues based on their experience. This is the company where you can quickly reach your potential and advance your career.
- Benefit from the flexibility to work from anywhere in the world;
- Work from the comfort of your home or from one of our offices in Kyiv or Warsaw. The choice is yours!
- Enjoy 20 annual vacation days and unlimited sick leave, all covered by the company;
- Don't worry about getting the right equipment, we've got you covered if necessary;
- Stay healthy with access to a corporate doctor online, and health insurance options in Ukraine or a fixed amount towards insurance abroad after your probation period;
- Keep learning with our extensive corporate library, internal online meetings, and lectures;
- Grow your skills with our training compensation program;
- Take advantage of our supportive corporate culture, including assistance with relocation, advice on legal stay abroad, housing support, and help for third-country nationals;
- Have fun with our online events and team-building activities!
Here's what our hiring journey looks like:
- Initial Screening: Our HR will take a look at your CV and have a quick chat with you to make sure you're a good fit for the role.
- Team Interview: You'll meet the team, including your future manager and colleagues, for a friendly online chat about the role and OBRIO.
- Optional Skill Assessment: If needed, we'll ask you to complete a quick task to see how you approach work-related tasks.
- Final Check: We'll check your references, and you'll have a final chat with OBRIO's CEO to discuss your values and skills.
- Job Offer: If all goes well, we'll send you a job offer! Welcome to the team.
Let's team up and reach for the stars together!
More about us on social media: Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Tik Tok.